SenseLogs 2.0.1 — JSON Highlights
SenseLogs introduces adds JSON color encoding in the 2.0.1 release to make it easier to scan your logs and spot errors.
If your log messages contain JSON, you can now have beautiful formatted JSON when you expand a log entry. To view the color coded JSON, expand a row in the Viewer by clicking it, or set the view to "Raw Display" to expand all log items.
The 2.0.1 release also fixes a number of annoying issues including:
- Change the viewer JSON raw format to be legal JSON so you can copy to the clipboard
- Cleanup the viewer raw display format. It was replicating the "message" key.
- Change viewer font and font size in raw mode to be easier to read
- Fix preserving the viewer search context when clearing the search text
- Add view reset option for the Viewer dropdown drawer
- Add View Save As option to copy views when editing views
- Improve the network error messages
Ever wanted to copy a view and change one or two view settings? Now you can copy a view with the View Edit "Save As" button. Edit any view to use as your base and modify the settings. Then "Save As" as new view. Simple!
Thanks to Andrew Valiente for suggesting the JSON color coding and view Save As features. All suggestions are very welcome.
SenseLogs is the best CloudWatch Logs viewer. It is 100% browser based and rather than duplicating log event data in a 3rd party solution, SenseLogs transparently downloads log events and caches them locally in your browser. As you scroll forward or backward, SenseLogs fetches new log events in the background to anticipate your need. With SenseLogs, events can be displayed, queried, and scrolled with lightning speed.
There is nothing to install. Just navigate your browser to: https://app.senselogs.io/
To learn more about SenseLogs and how to use the app, please read the documentation at: https://www.sensedeep.com/senselogs/doc/.
Please let us know what you think, we thrive on feedback: firstname.lastname@example.org.