- During a normal work week, development, test and staging servers are typically required only during work hours — about 40 hours out of a total of 168 hours. Power down those resources after-hours, and you can realize savings of up to 70% from your DevOps cloud spend.
- Automatically power down idle servers, databases and containers with smart dynamic schedules.
- Each team member describes their personal schedule for when they need resources and PowerDown combines them all to create a unified dynamic schedule that adapts in real-time to changing user requirements.
- Users can update or override schedules at any time, anywhere in the world.
- No more manually calculating the combined schedules for your team or worrying about timezones.
- Manually start and stop any resource or group of resources via the Web UI, CLI or API.
- For unexpected work — users can safely override the schedule. No need to call a team meeting on slack!
- Specify how long you need a resource.
- PowerDown dynamically combines all the schedules and overrides — no manual calculations required.
- Use the convenient CLI program to create overrides without interrupting your workflow.
Visualize your Cloud
- See all cloud resources organized logically in one place.
- Group resources into environments: prod, staging, dev or any group you like.
- Manage entire environments with a single command.
- Understand how much each resource and environment costs, what you've spent and how much you've saved.
- Deep AWS integration.
- Scale up or down on a schedule or change your Auto Scale group composition without compromising availability and cut compute costs by up to 80%.
- Dynamically scale Spot and On-Demand instances.
- Run both Spot and On-Demand instances in a single Auto Scale group.
- If Spot instances are reclaimed, PowerDown proactively launches On-Demand instances before the Spot instances are terminated — protecting availability and capacity.
One Click Setup
- Easy one click connect to your cloud account.
- Automatically discovers all your cloud resources in all regions.
- Connect multiple cloud accounts.
- Filter to select and exclude resources by tags.
- AWS today, Azure and GCP tomorrow.
Power to the Console
- Don't like GUIs? Then use the CLI.
- Display resource status and details.
- Power up and down resources or environments.
- Power on for a duration or until a specific time.
Integrate Existing Processes
- Integrate with CI/CD and DevOps processes via Hooks.
- PowerDown invokes Hooks for key resource lifecycle events.
- Supports AWS Lambda functions and HTTP web hooks.
- Use the PowerDown REST API to integrate with your own tools and processes.